Monday, October 13, 2014

My Grandmother's Spirit Lives In Me

I told Joe last night that I think there is a little of my Babci's spirit in me.  Many things that I do seem like the kind of life she lived including making a mess in the kitchen.  My Babci always told me the best cooks are the ones who make a mess in the kitchen.  Seems like this saying may be true because every time I bake or cook I make a mess  and I have been told that my baked goods and cooking are excellent by several people.  With that said I went back to my Polish roots yesterday and made some Pierogi (dough with a sauerkraut filling), Joe said they were the best he has ever had.   Golumpki (stuffed cabbage) is one of our winter staples in our house as well and Joe loves the way I make those. 

So here is a photo of my Pierogi before we cooked them up:


No comments:

Post a Comment