Friday, April 8, 2016

New Role

Yesterday I accepted a new role with Operation Gratitude.  I am going to be an ambassador in my community and I need everyone's help.  It is appreciated by myself and those that serve or have served our country.

Operation Gratitude annually sends 200,000+ Care Packagesto Deployed Troops, New Recruits, Veterans, First Responders, Wounded Warriors &
  their Care Givers.  We need your donations to show our
Heroes they are not alone!
My first  two duties in this new role are to collect letters and do a collection drive.  If you are interested in helping, please let me know.  If you can do a collection drive at your child's school, your workplace or any where that would be a great and appreciated task.  All items donated can either be sent or given to me or I can give you Operation Gratitude's address so you can send the items directly to them.  
Please note the most cherished item in the boxes are personal letters.  I always include letters in my box of cards when I send out my package and I'm always looking for others to help me with this great fleet.  In the past I have received many letters of thanks for writing to someone who is deployed and how it brightened their day to receive this letter.  
WISH LIST 
Knit Hats & Scarves
Cool Ties or Neck Gators
Beanie Babies, Webkinz, Trolls, or other small plush toys\
Paracord Survival Bracelets
Socks
Mini battery-powered fans
Mini Flashlights
Batteries (AA & AAA, 4pack or less)
Gum, Mints, Breath Strips
Personal Electronics
iPods
DVDs
CDs
Video Games
Flash Drives
Earbuds
Used cell phones/PDAs

Gift Cards to chain stores, such as:
Walmart
Walgreens
Target
VISA
MasterCard
American Express

Personal Care Products

Lip Balm/Chapstick
Toothpaste/ Dental Floss
Toothbrushes
Deodorant (solid only, 3oz or less)
Disposable Razors (Packs of 5 or less)
Non-aerosol Shaving Gel in tubes
Individual packets of moist towelettes (30 wipes or less)
Hand/Foot Warmers
Foot powder (travel size)
Q-Tips (small packs, 50 or less)
Facial tissue (small packs)
Mini Sewing Kits

Blank greeting cards or stationery

Operation Gratitude “Wish List” items on Amazon.com
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Drive is open until June 30, 2016. 
****I also will still accept your donations of craft items (A2 cards and envelopes, adhesive card stock,clear stamps, etc), stationary or blank thank you cards, but if you are donating please let me know they are for my use.

No comments:

Post a Comment